Install Ice Maker Water Line in Singapore
Updated on Tuesday 27th June 2017
Rate this article 3 reviewsbased on
The water line is an essential component of any refrigerator with an ice maker or water dispenser, or both of these. In this article, our plumber in Singapore explains how he installs an ice maker water line in Singapore.
Having a water-supply pipe in Singapore
When a water-supply pipe is available already, our plumbers in Singapore can set up the ice maker water line in Singapore quite rapidly.
First, they acquire a few meters of ¼” by ¼” flex line and attach one end of this line to the fixture behind the refrigerator and the other end to the fixture on the water supply valve.
Next, the water supply is turned on and the ice maker water line of the refrigerator in Singapore is verified for leaks.
The fixtures are tightened as necessary, utilizing an adjustable wrench or channel-type pliers.
What if there is no water supply pipe available for the refrigerator in Singapore?
If there is not a water supply pipe available for the ice maker water line in Singapore, our plumber in Singapore will take the following measures:
• Finding another location to connect the water line;
• Replacing the existing fittings from the water supply lines with a new 3-way angle stop or, alternatively, add a tee fixture;
• Acquiring a longer flex line to connect the water pipe to the fridge;
• Disconnecting the current water line: our Singapore plumbing experts find the shut-off valve and they turn the water off. Afterwards, they disconnect the faucet supply tube on the shut-off valve;
• Attaching the adapter: the Adapt-A-Tee adapter is connected to the shut-off valve, tightening it by hand and then by pliers;
• Connecting the water pipes: the ¼” fridge flex line is connected to the tee and it is tightened;
• Connecting the refrigerator: the end of the flex line is connected to the ¼” water supply fixture on the fridge;
• The faucet shut-off valve is turned back on and it is verified for any leaks;
• Leaks are verified also at the point where the flex tube is connected to the refrigerator before placing the appliance in its place.
If you need to install a water line refrigerator in Singapore, or for any plumbing services in Singapore you might need, you are welcome to speak to one of our experienced plumbers.