How to Install a Gas Stove in Singapore
Updated on Tuesday 04th July 2017
Rate this article 2 reviewsbased on
Setting up a gas stove in Singapore is very important to be effectuated by a professional, because a gas leak in your house can produce a disaster or even be fatal. Therefore, make sure you have a qualified plumber in Singapore do this job in order to avoid any unpleasant situations.
Hooking up the gas range in Singapore
The first step in installing a gas stove in Singapore is hooking up the gas range. To do so, our plumbers in Singapore do the following:
• Pulling out of range: the range is pulled out and the gas cock is turned off. The gas is shut off when the lever is located at a right angle to the pipe;
• Wrapping the pipe threads: a Teflon pipe-joint tape is wrapped two times around the threads in a clockwise direction. The ½ in x ¾ in coupling is fitted into the ¾ in end connector fixture, because ½ in end fitting connectors at both ends cannot always be found;
• Screwing the connector to the gas pipe: the end connector fixture is removed and the unbeveled end is wrapped with Teflon tape, then it is screwed to the gas pipe. Both of the removable end fixtures are always used. Our Singapore plumbing professionals take the precaution measure of never screwing the connector nuts which are found at the ends of the corrugated tube to a black gas fixture or line, because this would certainly cause a gas leak;
• Using a street elbow: a ½ in x ½ in street elbow is screwed into the range gas port. Afterward, the other end fixture of the connector is screwed into the street elbow;
• Tightening the nuts: the connector nuts are tightened to the two end connector fixtures. When doing so, the tube is held straight against the fixture;
• Verifying for any leaks: the gas cock is turned on in a vertical position and the range burners are lit for around a minute to eliminate the air from the gas line. Next, all the joints which have been made are sprayed with a gas leak detector.
Buying the right gas stove connector in Singapore
When setting up a new gas stove in Singapore, we recommend you not to reuse an old connector. Therefore, before starting the job, our plumber in Singapore can help you acquire a new one.
If you would like to set up a gas stove in Singapore without dangerous leaks, or for any other kind of plumbing services in Singapore, we invite you to get in touch with us.