How Often Should a Sewer Drain Be Cleaned?
Updated on Saturday 16th September 2017
Rate this article 3 reviewsbased on
Often, sewer drains can get clogged because of hairs, soap and other particles which can get build up inside of them. That is why it is important to prevent this from happening. In this article, our plumbers in Singapore explain how often a sewer drain should be cleaned.
How often should our plumbers in Singapore clean your sewer drains?
There is not an exact date when the sewer drains should be cleaned. With the exception of septic tanks, our plumbers in Singapore recommend you to clean the sewer drains on an as-needed basis.
In case you have issues with them regularly, though, it is time to schedule professional inspections from time to time, after which the sewer drain cleaning should follow, if needed.
Signs indicating that the sewer drain in Singapore should be cleaned
Sometimes, in our plumber’s in Singapore experience, sewer back-ups can occur because of reasons such as:
• Grease: it represents the worse enemy of pipes. A lot of homeowners have the habit of pouring the old and used grease from cooking down into the drain. This is a very bad thing for the pipes, because the grease eventually becomes solid, creating a clog in the pipe. In case this happens, the pipes have to be hydro-jetted;
• Roots: sometimes, roots can get inside the lines, which is one of the main causes of sewer back-ups. These roots can grow inside the lines and continue to do so until they entirely block up the pipe. Or, other times, they can break the lines, which causes even a bigger issue;
• Curved piping: a curved piping is a sag in the pipe. This can happen when a part of the pipe slopes down, which generates a curved effect which might look like a belly. This generally occurs when the soil around the pipe is not stable and it allows it to go further down.
Warning signs include:
• Raw sewage coming back into the toilet, drain or bathtub;
• Gurgling noises from the lines;
• Water coming out of the basement drain;
• Other signs: our Singapore plumbing professionals can offer further details on what these other warning signs may consist of.
In case you are experiencing any issues with the sewer drains and you are a resident of the city-state, or if you need any other plumbing services in Singapore, let us help you. Contact us to schedule your sewer cleaning now!