Replace a Leaking Washing Machine Hose in Singapore
Updated on Monday 04th September 2017
Rate this article 3 reviewsbased on
A burst washing machine hose can create a real disaster in your home. The worst case scenario, the washing machine hose fails when you are at work or on your holiday.
This leads to a catastrophic flooding which involves paying your deductible from the insurance and having a construction team tearing out the damaged dry wall and flooring.
To make sure that does not happen, our plumbers in Singapore explain how they replace a leaking washing machine hose in Singapore.
The procedure of replacing a leaking washing machine hose in Singapore
To replace a leaky washing machine hose in Singapore, the following steps are taken:
• Turning off the water: the water supply valves towards the washing machine are turned off;
• Removing the hose from the washing machine: our plumber in Singapore will make sure to eliminate all the water left in the washing machine;
• Taking out the hoses from the wall connections: the hoses are loosened and taken out from the wall connections. The hoses are drained in a bucket and any spills are wiped out;
• Setting up the new washing machine hoses in Singapore: first, our plumbers in Singapore ensure that the rubber washers are installed in every hose end. Then, a couple of Teflon wraps are placed on the wall connections as well as the washer connections. When the hoses are connected to the supply valves and to the washer, these are not overtightened. The hose from the hot connection of the washer to the left connection on the wall supply valve is connected. The same goes for the other hose to the right connection of the wall supply valve;
• The water is turned on and the washing machine is verified for leaks: in case our plumbers might spot a leak, they will gently tighten the connection;
• Testing the washing machine: the washing machine is started as normal. The washer is let to fill for several seconds and then it is turned off, in case there are no leaks.
Why do washing machine hoses leak in Singapore?
It is a question our Singapore plumbing experts often get from our clients. Washing machine hoses in Singapore leak mostly because they are made of rubber.
As this material ages, it decreases in flexibility. After having sustained water hammering over and over for a long time, the rubber hose is going to leak, causing a lot of distress.
Instead, you can go for the stainless steel braided hoses for your washing machine, which are more resilient to bursting and they are quite cheap.
In case you would like to find out more about how to replace a washing machine hose, or if you need any plumbing services in Singapore, please feel free to contact our local plumbers.