Fixing Overflowing Cold Water Tank in Singapore
Updated on Friday 21st April 2017
Rate this article 1 reviewsbased on
A cold water tank in Singapore represents a tank that stores large volumes of water for the supply of hot and cold water which are not connected directly to the rising main. In some cases, the water level in the tank can grow too high, causing the excess water to spill outside through an overflow pipe. As follows, our plumbers in Singapore explain how they remedy an overflowing cold water tank.
Causes for a leaking overflow on tank in Singapore
A leaky overflow on the tank is most of the times caused by a damaged ball cock, also named a float operating valve part 1 or part 2.
A less expensive method to fix a float operating valve is to replace the valve. However, sometimes the valve becomes weaker if this is done, and loses the guarantee of the manufacturer.
In order to acquire a full guarantee, it is recommended to have a Singapore plumbing professional to replace the valve, according to the latest standards in Singapore, which represents the safest solution for the long term.
How to fix an overflowing cold water tank - a procedure explained by our plumbers in Singapore
When fixing an overflowing cold water tank in Singapore, our local plumbers take the following steps:
1. The valve on the pipe which is providing for the tank is turned off by our plumbers in Singapore. This valve could be placed near the cold tank or near the hot one. Generally, this valve which is providing for the tank is on a 15 mm pipe;
2. The end cap from the valve inside the tank is extracted. A plumber in Singapore can provide further details on how this process is effectuated;
3. The split pin is extracted;
4. The float arm is removed;
5. A Singapore plumbing professional verifies the float;
6. The slider is removed;
7. The washer is extracted;
8. The washer is replaced with a new one;
9. The slider, float arm and end cap are replaced, as well;
10. The water is turned on.
If you need us to fix an overflowing cold water tank in Singapore, we can assist you with reliable, trusty and quick repairs. Please get in touch with our plumbing services firm in Singapore.